Sleep problems come in various shapes and sizes. But all are equally as frustrating and tiring! Some examples of sleep problems are listed below, but this is not a comprehensive list.
- Frequent night waking
- Inability to put themselves to sleep without being rocked or fed to sleep- ie unable to self-soothe.
- Baby wakes early in the morning and won’t go back to sleep
- Baby resists sleep and fights to stay awake
- Baby wakes up at the same time every night and won’t go back to sleep for a lengthy period.
- Baby “Cat naps” during the day, in other words the baby sleeps for very short periods, anywhere from 5-45 minutes at a time, and is unable to link sleep cycles.
- Baby won’t sleep unless you are in the room